If you’re like most parents, you’re overworked, and that leads you to be impatient and tired at times. It’s only normal, but when it causes you to lose control, there’s a problem. Today, parents face numerous child behavioral issues, but they don’t have to deal with it alone. If you feel like you’re losing control, it’s time to re-evaluate your parenting strategies and make changes before the situation gets out of hand.
A parenting coach like licensed therapist Sandra Hammond will help you understand the relationships you have with your spouse and your children, which is the first step to improving them. She will help you by providing you with the tools needed to resolve behavioral issues. Once that’s been done, it’s easier to build the stronger, healthier parent/child relationship you want
PARENT COACHING: JUST WHAT IS IT?
Parent coaching is a powerful support system that’s been specifically designed to help the tired, busy, and overworked parents of today. By partnering with an experienced professional, you’ll be better equipped to create the family life you want, and you’ll do it easier, faster, and more efficiently than you ever could if you worked alone.
HOW CAN PARENT COACHING HELP ME?
WITH SANDRA AS YOUR PARENT COACH, YOU CAN
• Increase your children’s displays of responsibility and respect
• Decrease fighting over homework, screen time, bedtime, and chores
• Increase the amount of time available for family relaxation and fun
• Decrease tantrums, bickering, arguing, and whining
• Increase compliance while decreasing defiance
• Encourage your child not to be so impulsive
• Repeat yourself less often
• Increase children’s self-esteem
• Minimize parental concerns
ARE COACHING AND COUNSELING THE SAME?
No, they’re not. Coaching isn’t therapy. We won’t spend time dwelling on the past; rather, we concentrate on the present and the road ahead. While counseling is about fixing what’s wrong and healing old wounds, coaching is about clarifying your intentions and values, setting goals, achieving results, and moving forward in a loving and positive way. Parent coaching isn’t about how your family came to be the way it is, it’s about where you and your children are headed.
HOW DOES THE PARENT COACHING PROCESS WORK?
It’s quite simple, really. Decide on the areas of family life in which you need a bit of support, and Sandra will provide the techniques, tools, and strategies needed to get you closer to where you need to be with your kids. Through scheduled online chats and brief in-between contacts, she will help you achieve and articulate your goals, all from the convenience and comfort of home. It doesn’t get any simpler!
SET UP AN APPOINTMENT
WHO IS PARENT COACHING GOOD FOR?
Sandra’s clients are usually….
- Educated professionals (or former professionals who’ve become stay-at-home parents)
- Highly involved in their children’s education
- Extremely busy with the family’s activities
- Emotionally and physically healthy
- Generally successful and happy
Her clients often want….
- Easy solutions to the most common parenting problems
- More peace and less stress in their families’ lives
- New parenting skills, techniques, and ideas
- Loving, happy, and healthy children
- More time
Parenting is tough these days. When you’re tired of the daily chaos that most parents believe “comes with the territory”, there’s help available. When you want lasting solutions, better skills, and more loving, respectful relationships, Sandra Hammond can help you narrow the gap between where you are and where you’d like to be. By hiring a parent coach, you can create joy and fulfillment in your family while achieving better results for your parenting efforts.
DO I REALLY NEED A COACH?
Maybe you don’t. The fact that you’re worried enough about your family life to think about hiring a parent coach means that you’re already a wonderful parent. A parent coach doesn’t just help parents; they help great parents become even better. The next question is, do you want the help a coach can provide? Allow the answers to these questions to assist you in your decision.
- Are you becoming frustrated or annoyed by recurring behavioral issues?
- Do you want to make your family relationships better?
- Do your children seem as if they never listen?
- Do you want to spend more quality time with your kids?
- Would you like less back talk and more willful compliance?
- Do you wish your children were more grateful?
- Have you ever been embarrassed by your child’s public displays of disrespect?
- Do you feel as if there’s not enough time in the day to get everything done?
- Do you talk to your kids at home in ways you’d never dream of speaking in public?
- Are you worried that you’re doing it all wrong?
If you’ve answered “yes” to several of these questions, a parent coach like Sandra Hammond can help you take the actions needed to achieve uncommon results.
IMPROVING THE FAMILY’S FUNCTION, ONE SESSION AT A TIME
Just as coaches help athletes function better, parent coaches help us improve in various ways. A coach like Sandra will provide an expert review of your interactions, make suggestions for improvement, and follow up with you on the goals you’re trying to reach.
You’re so close to your situation that it may be difficult to determine how to best make changes. If you’re co-parenting, it may be even more challenging to find room for agreement. With the help of a parent coach, you’ll see the situation from a neutral point of view, and you’ll see new possibilities. When your home feels disconnected and chaotic, it may trigger undesirable behaviors in you and your children. A coach will help you turn the chaos into connection.
CO LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR M.A., LPC
LEARN MORE TODAY
Can you become a more loving and respectful parent on your own? You probably can, but change is difficult, and it’s easier when there’s a support system in place. Click below to schedule an introductory session. With help, you can become the parent you were meant to be.